Microsemi has a long history of providing innovative, programmable digital and analog logic solutions to the space community. Microsemi continues to introduce new, high-reliability products, such as the RTAX-DSP and RT ProASIC®3 product families, while still addressing the design challenges and needs of emerging space applications. Combining these durable and feature-rich devices with Microsemi's extensive portfolio of industry-proven IP cores, best-in-class software tools, and a technical support team dedicated to military/aerospace products, Microsemi delivers high-reliability solutions that are unparalleled in this industry.
Microsemi products offer the following benefits to space customers:
- High levels of integration without ASIC NRE charges and schedule risk
- Variety of device screening levels to support avionics, military, and space applications
- Reprogrammability without sacrificing reliability (RT ProASIC3)
- Embedded, hardwired radiation-tolerant DSP blocks (RTAX-DSP)
- Extended temperature range
- -55°C to 125°C for space offerings (RTAX-S/SL, RTAX-DSP, RTSX-SU, RT ProASIC3)
- Hermetically-sealed ceramic package offerings
- Immune to configuration upsets due to heavy ions in space systems
- Single-chip solution
- Live at power-up
- Radiation-hardened by design (RTAX-S/SL, RTAX-DSP, RTSX-SU)
- QML Qualification on specific products to Class Q and Class V
- AS9100 certification
- Comprehensive product change notification process
- Regularly published reliability data with failure analysis reports
- Extensive in-house testing capabilities
Microsemi supports high qualification levels for space applications. Products today are available with MIL-STD-883 Class B processing. All space products are available with a higher level of screening (Microsemi Extended Flow). The RTAX-S/SL FPGAs achieved QML Class V qualification and are available in the MIL-PRF-38535 Class V flow. Microsemi continues working on achieving the QML Class V certification for RTAX-DSP FPGAs.
The time from design to production is a critical element in the space market, and system designers require a reputed supplier that
can deliver entire solutions. Microsemi antifuse and flash families of FPGAs
provide a graceful path from prototyping to production, using Microsemi standard
software tools. A robust line of software IP cores available from Microsemi
and its Partners can be utilized to solve many design challenges.
Due to the high reliability needs of military and aerospace applications,
customers demand solutions that include both hardware and software to quickly
implement and test their designs in extreme environments. Microsemi Corporation
has recognized this need and has worked with leading solution providers
to simplify the development task and speed up the design process, which
gives designers more time to focus on the critical aspects of their design.
FPGAs for Space
IP & Design Tools
Data & Certifications
Simulation and Testing
Partners and Services
For technical support on RH and RT FPGAs that are regulated by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), contact us via the email or phone listed below. Alternatively, within My Cases, select Yes in the ITAR dropdown list. For a complete list of ITAR-regulated Microsemi FPGAs, visit the ITAR web page.
Phone (NA): 888.988.ITAR
Phone (Int'l): +1 650.318.4900