Microsemi's Embedded Software Development Environment
SoftConsole is Microsemi's free software development environment that enables the rapid production of C and C++ executables for Microsemi FPGAs using Cortex™-M3, Cortex-M1, and Core8051s. Libero SoC automatically generates SoftConsole projects and firmware for SoC FPGA designs. SoftConsole includes a fully integrated debugger that offers easy access to memory contents, registers, and single-instruction execution.
SoftConsole provides a flexible and easy-to-use graphical user interface for managing your embedded software development projects. You can quickly develop and debug software programs and implement them in Microsemi FPGAs. SoftConsole enables you to configure project settings, edit and debug software programs, and organize your files. With this tool you have simultaneous access to multiple tool windows and the ability to quickly switch editing and debug views.
- Available for free download
- Eclipse-based IDE
- GNU C/C++ compiler (Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M1)
- SDCC compiler (Core8051s)
- GDB debugger
- FlashPro4/3/3X compatible debug sprite
- Seamless access to and debug of flash memory (SmartFusion™ eNVM, Fusion NVM, external flash)
- Simultaneous access to multiple tool windows
- Fast switch between C/C++ and debug
- One or more perspectives in a workbench window
- Perspectives can be customized by the user
- Provides a direct interface to:
- Compatible with Libero SoC and IDE design flows
SoftConsole is freely licensed for use with Microsemi FPGA designs. SoftConsole contains Open Source elements, and the individual licenses for these elements are included in the SoftConsole License Agreement that is presented during the installation process for your review.