Microsemi's IGLOO® Icicle Evaluation Kit, based on the 5-µW IGLOO FPGA, is a low-cost, portable, low-power demonstration platform powered by USB cable or rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The Icicle evaluation board enables you to measure power consumption (dynamic, static and Flash*Freeze) with the core operating at either 1.2 V or 1.5 V.
The Flash*Freeze technology used in IGLOO FPGAs enables entering and exiting an ultra-low power mode that consumes as little as 5 µW (on AGL030) while retaining SRAM and register data. Flash*Freeze technology simplifies power management through I/O and clock management, with rapid recovery to operation mode. The IGLOO Icicle Evaluation Kit is ideal for testing the operation of signals, device interactions and system functions during Flash*Freeze mode.
||Icicle evaluation board with AGL125-QNG132 low power FPGA
||Low-cost programming stick (LCPS)
||USB 2.0 A to mini-B cable
||Note: Compatible Lithium Ion Battery (Part Number: LIR2450 3.6V)
Web-based content includes: Free Libero® SoC FPGA development software and Gold license, user's guides, tutorials, design examples, and board documentation.
IGLOO Icicle Evaluation Board with an AGL125-QNG132 low-power FPGA
- Lowest power 125 k system gate FPGA in the world
- Ultra-low power consumption in dynamic, static and Flash*Freeze modes
- Low power enables a long battery life for a typical portable device
- powered via built-in charger from USB cable or lithium-ion battery
- Full current measurement capability of independent I/O banks and VCC for accurate power analysis
- Ability to switch VCC from 1.2 V to 1.5 V, as needed
- Ultra-small QN132 (8 x 8 mm) device fitted inside a ring of connectors for a VQ100 device. The evaluation board has been designed for use with either package.
- Blue OLED at 96 x 16 pixels low-power display for interesting demos (Rev D boards)
- Green OLED was used on older Rev B boards
- Three signal LEDs and a special Flash*Freeze indicator LED
- All components used on the board are low power, including LEDs (2 mA), resets (µA range), and oscillator (2-3 mA), and the Blue OLED (Rev D boards) or Green OLED (Rev B boards) display at 96 x 16 (0.8") pixels for quick demos.
To purchase a kit or inquire about additional information, please contact your local Microsemi Sales representative.
||IGLOO Icicle Evaluation Kit
WW Distributor, Digi-Key WW Distributor
, Arrow WW Distributor
For IGLOO-related documents, visit the IGLOO Documentation page.
User's Guides and Manuals